Meet Antonio García, MIM Quality Engineer responsible for the development of new projects and improvements in Ecrimesa Group.
- How long have you been working at Ecrimesa Group?
At the beginning of September I celebrated 23 years in the company, almost half my life.
- What tasks have you performed there?
I have always developed my work in the quality department, I started in Ecrimesa in the control and verification of the production in investment casting and currently I am part of the team in charge of the industrialization and development of new projects in MIM, as well as of the continuous improvement in the manufacturing processes.
- How have you seen the evolution of the company since you joined?
Since I joined the company, it has not stopped growing both in terms of turnover and technology, even during periods of adverse external circumstances.
- How do you tell or would you tell your children what you do?
I have tried to be as pedagogical as possible by telling them about the different applications of the parts we manufacture so that they understand their importance through their usefulness and that my job is to try to optimize the process so that the parts have the best quality we can obtain.
- How do you value your work experience in Ecrimesa?
The balance is really positive in all aspects, it is where I have been formed professionally and I have developed my working life besides creating great personal bonds with the people with whom I work daily.
- What recommendations would you give to the new generations that are currently starting to work?
That they should be enthusiastic, curious, eager to learn and try to work as a team as much as possible.
- What company would you like to work for, if only out of curiosity?
Well, taking into account that two of my hobbies are music and sports, I guess something related to either of them through the management or organization of events or in a company related to either of them.
- If there were time gates, what era of the past would you like to travel to?
To classical Greece, without a doubt.
- Tell us an amusing anecdote related to your work.
A few days after starting to work I saw a couple of pieces out of a heat treatment basket and thinking that they had fallen out I thought of picking them up to put them back in without being aware that they were there for analysis by the laboratory, fortunately they were already cold enough.
- Recommend us a movie, a series, a song and a book.
A movie: “The Lives of Others”.
A series: “Borgen” and “The Leftovers”.
A song: “Creep” by Radiohead
A book: “The Foreigner” by Albert Camus
- That country or city you are looking forward to visiting.
I would like to tour New Zealand by motorhome.