We interviewed Emilio Alvarez, Quality Engineer at Ecrimesa Group. If you ever call him and he doesn’t answer, he’s probably in New Zealand, or working on a drum solo.
- How long have you been working at Ecrimesa Group?
I joined the company at the beginning of 2015, so 7 and a half years.
- What tasks have you performed there?
I started by managing the quality of the projects with origin in China, then I also went on to manage customer claims.
- How have you experienced the evolution of the company since you joined?
In the short time I have been with the company, I have seen how the group has greatly increased in size and acquired new means of production. The new projects have served to drive these improvements.
- How do you tell or would you tell your children what you do?
I’d tell them: When people have problems and complain, I respond with a solution, so my children had better not complain because I’ve had a lot of practice!
- How do you value your work experience in Ecrimesa?
Having so many references makes the work not monotonous, every day is a surprise, and the atmosphere is quite good.
- What recommendation would you give to the new generations that are currently joining the company?
Not to get comfortable and not to focus on the vices of the old school, but on the virtues.
- In which company would you like to work, if only out of curiosity?
Zildjian, or any company that manufactures drum cymbals. I’ve been in the metal industry since I was 21 and this would be the way to combine it with music.
- If there were time gates, what era of the past would you like to travel to?
To the Cretaceous, to see the dinosaurs live and direct, but I would take a quick look and go back.
- Tell us a funny anecdote related to your work.
I will tell you two: Before joining Ecrimesa I did an interview for Mimecrisa and they didn’t take me… and well, here I am! The second is that some of the suppliers in China know me as “Mr. Vegetables”.
- Recommend a movie, a series, a song and a book.
Movie: The Knights of the Square Table
Series: The Simpsons
Song: Miedo (Seymour Fry)
Book: The Brothers Karamazov (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
- That country or city you can’t wait to visit.
New Zealand, I liked the landscapes in The Lord of the Rings.