We´re glad to introduce you Javier Mantilla: The man who makes magic with fire. MIM sintering worker and an exceptional witness of the evolution of Ecrimesa.
- How long have you been working at Ecrimesa Group?
I’ve been in the company for 21 and a half years and I’m about to retire shortly.
- What tasks have you performed there?
I passed through many positions in all these years. I have been in the injection machines, palletizing, the old section of revision, blasting and inspection of parts. Right now, in this last stage, I am a furnacer in the sintering area.
- How have you seen the evolution of the company since your incorporation?
The evolution has been very good thanks to the investment in new technologies and the dedication and effort of all employees. The company today doesn´t seem the one I started, by size, personnel, technologies.
- How do you tell or would you tell your children what you do for a living?
I tell them that I work in a factory injecting and sintering metal parts for different sectors. It is a job that has a bit of “magic”, like alchemists, because it turns “powder” into metal.
- How do you value your work experience in Ecrimesa?
My work experience at Ecrimesa has been very satisfactory. The work environment has been very pleasant and I would highlight the camaraderie among all the employees.
- What recommendation would you give to the new generations who are currently starting to work?
I would tell them to work responsibly, to maintain the well-being of the company and thus their own.
- What company would you like to work for, if only out of curiosity?
I would have liked to be a driver of the Santander urban buses.
- If time gates existed, to which era of the past would you like to travel?
I would go back to the age of 38 when I started working at Ecrimesa.
- Tell us an amusing anecdote related to your work.
I would highlight the good times with colleagues telling anecdotes during the breaks.
- Recommend us a movie, a series, a song and a book.
Film: Rocky 2
Series: The driver
Song: Dream with your, Camela Group
Book: Any of Harry Potter
- That country or city you can’t wait to visit.
I would like to go to Mexico and stay at an all-include hotel.