Juan Martínez has been our Production Manager during a period of profound growth. With the growing demand for Ecrimesa products, we have been able to respond to the demands of our customers, and Juan Martinez has been key in this aspect.
“Studies are merely an ability to face challenges once you enter the working world.”
- How long have you been working at Ecrimesa Group?
I can’t compare myself with some figures within Ecrimesa, but I have been working for quite a long time: since 2005.
- What tasks have you performed there?
Since the beginning, and until today, I have worked as Production Manager.
- How have you seen the evolution of the company since you joined?
I have witnessed an exponential growth. I have been able to witness it from the inside, during this last decade, with all the changes that this entails.
- How do you tell or would you tell your children what you do for a living?
Managing a soccer team (factory staff), and chasing the ball (product) until it gets into the goal (customer). The opposing team would be the obstacles (problems) to overcome.
- How do you value your work experience in Ecrimesa?
It could be described as a very formative experience. It has been thanks to the work experience within Ecrimesa, that I have developed as a person and as a professional.
- What recommendation would you give to the new generations that are currently working?
Studies are merely a capacity to face challenges once you enter the working world. When you really learn is when you start working. Studies prepare you and give you a good foundation, but it is in the corporate world where the challenges multiply, and skills develop accordingly.
- What company would you like to work for, if only out of curiosity?
I think you can tell I like soccer. One way to combine it with my job, for example, would be to work in the management of a sports facility.
- If time gates existed, to what era of the past would you like to travel?
To the time of the Egyptians, to be able to understand how they were able to build and be so technologically advanced.
- Tell us an amusing anecdote related to your work.
More than an anecdote, there is something I really enjoy, and that is the moments in everyday meetings when we end up talking about everything except what we are dealing with.
- Recommend a movie, a series, a song and a book.
Movie: The Matrix.
Series: Stranger Things.
Song: Cold Heart by Dua Lipa.
Book: The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.
- That country or city you can’t wait to visit.
Egypt, it fascinates me.