Pedro Gutiérrez is our Delivery Manager. Dedicated to plan and manage deliveries and expeditions to pur customers all over the world, Pedro makes his assessment of Ecrimesa’s development and gives clues about its future.
- How long have you been working at Ecrimesa Group?
I started in May of 1997, you could say that I am practically a newcomer!
- What tasks have you performed there?
I have always been performing different functions in the Planning Department, but above all I have worked in the management of deliveries and expeditions to customers.
- How have you seen the evolution of the company since you joined?
It is progressive and constant, there are no big changes in the short term. But with the perspective that time provides, there is a strong adaptation to the needs of customers. It is no longer enough to just to produce quality parts, a greater involvement and interaction with our customers is needed, in order to offer a more complete and efficient service. Only in this way can lasting business relationships be maintained.
- How do you tell or would you tell your children what you do?
We manufacture traveling parts. I make sure that the parts, which we manufacture in Santander, reach practically every country in the world.
- How do you value your work experience in Ecrimesa?
I have always been attracted to working in factories. From basic materials, real feats of genius can be created, with ingenuity and the interlinking of tasks. I believe that teamwork, and when it is done well, is very comforting.
At Ecrimesa, we turn a steel bar into pieces of all kinds and uses, which you can find in a door, in an airplane, in an operating room or in a tractor. And I just find it to be fascinating!
- What recommendation would you give to the new generations that are currently starting to work?
I think the challenge is to integrate and strengthen teams. The new generations are very prepared and trained, but it is essential to know how to integrate teams, forget about protagonisms and easy results, with humility and teamwork you reach the goal.
- What company would you like to work for, if only out of curiosity?
I like the stock markets and investment companies, so when I grow up I want to be a broker on Wall Street.
- If there were time gates, what era of the past would you like to travel to?
I like history very much and I don’t think that any past time was better. From the past I only miss my childhood and youth, if I could travel back in time I would go to the future.
- Tell us an amusing anecdote related to your work.
There are many situations and experiences that are not pleasant when they occur, but later on, when we cool down, we are able to see the funny side of them. I still remember the courier who came by motorcycle to pick up a crate full of parts.
- Recommend us a movie, a series, a song and a book.
Movie: Infiltrators by Martin Scorsese
Series: I can’t give my opinion, I don’t follow any of them since the 90’s.
Song: I’ll go with AC/DC It’s a long way to the top
Book: I would recommend Olvidado rey Gudú by Ana Maria Matute.
- That country or city you’re looking forward to seeing.
France in general and Paris in particular.