For more than three decades, Pedro Luis Fernández worked at Ecrimesa fulfilling various functions. After finishing his cycle with us, today he tells us about his plans for the future.
- How long have you been working at Ecrimesa Group?
I’ve been working at Ecrimesa for 31 years!
- What tasks have you performed?
I have had several experiences during the 3 decades I have been working at Ecrimesa. Without going any further, I have worked as a laborer to team leader, but also as second officer.
- How have you seen the evolution of the company since you joined?
Since I have been here, the development has been enormous: Ecrimesa has gone from being an ordinary foundry to becoming a leading company in technology and T.O.P. in its field. Given my experience in different areas, it can be said that the development has taken place at the general level of the company.
- How do you value your work experience in Ecrimesa?
Very satisfactory. My experience goes hand in hand with the evolution of the company itself, which I just described.
- What recommendation would you give to the new generations that are currently joining the company?
That they take the company as if it were their own. The good of my company is the good of my home and my own.
- What are your current plans in your new life situation?
To make even better use of my time. I’m motivated by different things. I want to take up music school again. I am also interested in taking English classes. Moving on to other areas, I am interested in playing sports, I want to sing in my choir and enjoy my friends!
- How do you or would you tell your children what you do for a living?
They already see it and envy it.
- What company would you like to work for, if only out of curiosity?
Two particular examples come to mind, but since you are asking: State Security Corps or Nursing.
- If time gates existed, to what era of the past would you like to travel?
To tell you the truth, I wouldn’t open the doors of time if they existed, I would leave them firmly closed: I love the one I lived in!
- Tell us a funny anecdote related to your work.
I couldn’t tell you just one. I know I was lucky because of the team I had, and how much we laughed! We had a great atmosphere. What I’ll keep is the conviction that it’s great that people are happy. They perform better!
- Recommend us a movie, a series, a song and a book.
Film: I like film Noir. French cinema. These are genres that interest me in general, I couldn’t say a specific film.
Series: I loved Fauda. The last one I saw? Marcela.
Book: SIDI, by Perez-Reverte or any of this author’s novels about the civil war.
- That country or city you can’t wait to visit.
I have visited many countries. Cities? I’ve discovered Malaga and I’m loving it, I’d like to keep getting to know it. But Cadiz and Granada also come to mind.