Since our foundation, in Ecrimesa Group we have bet on talent. Beyond manufacturing metal parts, technology and service vocation, our great differential value is the team. We would like to introduce Stephane Vidal, Country Manager for France, who has witnessed our evolution over the last decades.
- How long have you been working at Ecrimesa Group?
I started working at the beginning of September 1995. That’s a lot of years.
- What tasks have you performed?
At the beginning I was hired for the Quality Department. I studied Technical Engineering in France. After a year in the Quality Department, I was asked to take charge of the French sales department. I had no experience in this field, but my commercial colleagues, who were in charge of other countries, taught me and helped me a lot. Now, after so many years, I could say that I am a sales technician.
- How have you seen the evolution of the company since you joined?
The company has evolved a lot since I started until now. The working conditions are much better. The company has been growing and has always provided us with the latest generation means, everything is now very fast and we are in constant contact. I still remember when we had to share and wait our turn for the only computer connected to the outside and the noise that router made.
- How do you tell or would you tell your children what you do for a living?
In our town, most people know us as “the gun maker,” but that’s not the case. We make small metal parts for many industries. We make parts for tool manufacturers, locks, automotive… we even make metal parts for the luxury sector.
- How do you value your work experience in Ecrimesa?
Very satisfactory. It is very motivating to work in a company that is at the forefront of its technologies and that seeks to improve and grow every year.
- What recommendation would you give to the new generations that are currently joining the company?
To be curious and to dare. The industrial world is constantly improving and changing. It is really curious and nice to see the many applications for which the products we manufacture are intended. Some of our products are all around us and we don’t even realize it.
- What company would you like to work for, if only out of curiosity?
Possibly in something related to innovation or creation. I love perfumes. It must be wonderful to make and mix different fragrances to create a perfume.
- If there were time gates, what era in the past would you like to travel to?
Probably to the beginning of the last century. How nice it would be to try to find applications for combustion engines and make these new machines at home.
- Tell us an amusing anecdote related to your work.
Staying overnight in the car because I couldn’t find a hotel, it has happened to me many times, they were not funny moments, but now I find it funny to remember them. We were very adventurous and daring, there wasn’t much preparation but the truth is that it didn’t matter much either.
- Recommend us a movie, a series, a song and a book.
Movie: Le Grand Bleu / Series: La casa de papel / Song: What’s up de 4 Non Blondes / Book: Robinson Crusoe.
- That country or city you can’t wait to visit.
Any deserted island. Starting from nothing.